- Suspicious Activity – How to spot suspicious activity and what to do.
- Reporting Activity – All your questions answered on what and how to report activity.
- Door Knockers – A few helpful safety tips when dealing with your everyday door knocker.
- Ways to get to know your neighbour – Some helpful ideas on how to get to know your neighbour.
- Crime Prevention Booklet – Courtesy of the New Zealand Police.
- Neighbours who know each other and have a plan in place are far more likely to be able to quickly, safely and effectively navigate an incident or disaster than those who do not. Use our Neighbourhood Resilience Plan template to put together a plan with the people who live around you or nearby.
- FREE Home Security Checklist
- CCTV FAQ – Some useful information about security surveillance. For more information about CCTV visit www.privacy.org.nz/ask
- Community Cam is a voluntary, not for profit community initiative where people can register a property with CCTV, and upload CCTV footage, to help solve crime in their neighbourhood. When a crime is committed, the NZ Police can refer to Community Cam to quickly identify CCTV locations of registered users in and around the scene of the crime. This then allows the police to contact you to help with an investigation. Your details are confidential and secure. Only the NZ Police can see your information and, if you choose to upload your CCTV footage, the footage is password protected for your security.
Community Cam just lets them know who owns a CCTV system to save valuable time door-knocking. Let’s work together to help solve a crime.