Neighbourhood Support North Shore works closely with the Police and other organisations to assist residents to improve safety, reduce crime and be better prepared for an emergency.
How you can help your community with self-isolation can be found on the link below:
Click here to download the self-isolation information flyer
Remember, anything advised by the Ministry of Health overides any other information. Because this is a very fluid situation we face, instructions on how to stay safe may change. The official sites for information are as follows:
The Ministry of Health Website
This site hosts the latest prevention and treatment advice.
Unite against COVID-19 government website
This is a government site that has everything you need to know about COVID-19, from financial support, advice about self-isolation, as well as information for community groups, employers and travellers.
WHAT WE DO
- Encourage neighbours to get to know each other and communicate
- Share information that will help reduce the risk and fear of crime
- Help nurture a sense of community spirit and that village feeling
- Educate and empower people to make their neighbourhoods safer
- Enhance the safety and appearance of neighbourhoods
- Break down barriers of social isolation and communication
- Talk about and plan what streets would do in case of a civil emergency
- Monthly Police and NSNS email
HOW DO I JOIN?
Neighbourhood Support North Shore Is FREE – Join Here
Not every resident in your street will want to be in the group and group sizes will vary, though to be effective it is beneficial to encourage as many residents as possible to become members